OUR CURRENT CLUB SPONSORS
Ronnie Phillips, BC Sports/JAKO, Ashford, Co. Wicklow
Pictured above is our under 12A's who made it two wins from two in the DDSL Saturday A league when they defeated Phoenix FC 3-
UNDERAGE GIRLS FOOTBALL
The Metropolitan Girls League [MGL] is the largest girls league in the country. They have a structure in place to cater for community teams and also the elite players. Their motto is never to turn away any underage girls who want to play football. They operate a Northside and a Southside Academy and cater for up to 150 players in each Academy who represent their clubs at the major tournament in Limerick known as the Gaynor Cup. At the present they operate a winter league running from September 2017 to June 2018 and as part of their move forward to calender season football the MGL will be offering a short pilot scheme in 2018 for the age groups below:
*Under 7's -
*Under 8's -
*Under 9's -
*Under 10's -
This scheme will run for 18 weeks commencing in May 2018
*Under 11's -
*Under 12's -
*Under 14's -
This scheme will run for 14 weeks commencing in May 2018
If anyone is interested in entering a girls team at any of these age groups and have the required numbers please contact club secretary Franny Copeland by email at email@example.com or alternatively you can contact any committee member. If the numbers and interest is there the club would gladly try to facilitate and help with these schemes.
Competition starts 10th February 2018
Premier League Season 2017/18
Winner Takes All
1. Select one team each week from the Premier League fixtures and submit your selection plus your name by texting it to 086-
2. If your selection [Team] fails to win you are eliminated from the competition.
3. You cannot pick the same team more than once during the competition [A team can only be selected twice if the competition progresses past 20 weeks].
4. Any week a selection is not made by text/email by the cut off time [See rule 1] you will be assigned the first team that you have not previously selected by alphabetical order. Once you have made a selection you cannot change it.
5. In the event that any match involving a team that you have selected is abandoned, postponed or cancelled for any reason, you will continue to the next round of the competition. However your selected team will no longer be available for selection.
6. The entry fee for the competition is €10 and must be paid prior to the start of the competition.
7. Should two or more participants remain standing and all are eliminated in the same week, the Last Man Standing prize will be equally divided among them.
8. All selections from participants will be posted on the club website [www.wicklowrovers.com] prior to each weekend’s matches. Progression of the competition will be posted on the club website.
9. The committee’s decision is final regards Last Man Standing.
* You can pay your club membership online by clicking on the myclubfinances link below*
To pay your club membership online click on the advert or the link to the right of advert below.
Wicklow Rovers AFC
All Weather Pitch is available to rent.
Please contact Johnny Dunne for more details at 087-
Our all weather pitch is also available to rent for parties.